2019 Stuff the Bus!
Every year, we host Stuff the Bus, providing school supplies to children in South Central Nebraska. With your help, we can make this the best year ever! Donate July 29th through August 4th and help STUFF THE BUS!
Drop off locations in Hastings: Wal Mart, Russ’s Market, Allen’s, Eakes Office Solutions, and United Way SCNE office-301 S Burlington Ave.
Wrap-Up event will be held August 3rd, 10am-4pm. Join us, along with Angus McGee’s and Tropical Sno, for food and fun!
Call 402-461-8412 if you have questions!
Day of Action 2019
United Way’s Day of Action, held June 21, provides opportunities for volunteers, donors and advocates to be part of solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives. If you want to change lives and communities, stand with United Way by joining a Day of Action! Want to be on our Facebook page? Email pictures of how YOU are helping our community on Day of Action! email@example.com
Golf Fore a Cause!
Every year, we host the United Way of South Central Nebraska Golf Classic in May. The 2019 date is May 17th, so mark your calendars! This event is a huge success due to the many community sponsors and volunteers. For more information on the next tournament, please call 402-461-8412.
Give Hastings Day 2019
May 9, 2019 is the annual Give Hastings Day. With your help, we can keep providing books to children through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library. The Dolly Parton Imagination Library was incorporated in the Adams, Nuckolls, Clay, and Webster counties in 2013. The program inspires a love of reading by guaranteeing that all children enrolled will have quality books in the home. At no cost to the family, an age-appropriate book is mailed monthly directly to the child from enrollment to their fifth birthday.
• A child develops language skills long before being able to speak, literacy skills long before they are able to read, and reading books help ripen healthy physical and emotional responses
• Helps ensure children enter kindergarten with a strong ability to read and an eagerness to learn
• Strengthens the literacy level in our community
• Promotes parent-child interaction and bonding
• DPIL communities report families read more to their children, reading scores have improved, children are eager and well prepared to go to school
• The United Way of South Central Nebraska has decided that investment in early childhood literacy will provide one of the finest ‘return on investment’ we can develop.
- Increase children’s access to books
- Encourage parents to read more often to their children
- Support children in the development of a love for reading
- Better prepare children to begin school
4th Annual Ugly Sweater Soiree
Please join us for the 4th Annual Ugly Sweater Soiree!
The event is taking place at Hastings Keno on Thursday, November 29th 2018, from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
Proceeds support Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, which provides free age-appropriate books each month to children in Adams, Clay, Nuckolls and Webster Counties from birth until age five. Currently, over 1100 local children receive books every month through the program.
The cost to attend is $30 per person and tickets can be purchased at United Way of South Central Nebraska (301 S. Burlington Ave.).Each ticket sold will provide one local child books for an entire year. A limited number of tickets are available. Get your ugly on and call 402-461-8412 to get your tickets today.
Campaign Kick-Off Event
On September 13th we kick-off our annual campaign drive with an event to foster the enthusiasm for helping South Central Nebraska. This years event will be held from 5-7 pm at The Lark. Hope to see you there!